Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Movies on a Budget

I'll admit it: I want to save as much money as possible. This effort extends into watching movies at home or at the theatre. Below are just a few ways that I've found to see the movies that I want for a decent price.

What movie should I see?

Rotten Tomatoes: I won't pay to see a movie until I check its rating on Rotten Tomatoes, but I am sure to check both the audience's rating and the critic's rating. Sometimes the average of the two makes a movie look much worse than it is, and this is especially true in the case of comedies. I love Will Ferrell for example, but I also know many of his movies are going to be rated low by sophisticated film critics, so I focus on the audience rating if I plan to see one of his movies.

IMDB: Find out all of the details of the movie that you want to see, but be sure to avoid reading the spoilers. I check their ratings if the Rotten Tomatoes rating left me unsure as to whether or not I should see a particular film.  Of course, there are also many other review sites that you can use to help you decide.

Should I go to the theater or wait and watch it at home?


Kita prefers that we watch movies at home with him

This choice has to be based on your personal preference.  The movies that I choose to see in theaters tend to be visually stimulating, such as action movies, superhero movies and 3D movies, but if I am very excited about a new movie and simply can't wait for it then I see it at the theater.

Check out tomorrow's post to get tips on how to save on the movies that you choose to watch (either at home or at the theater).

No comments:

Post a Comment